Logo

Force 1985 85 horsepower

paynelake

I have a 1985 Force 85 horse a

I have a 1985 Force 85 horse and everytime I go to waterski and the engine is idleing as I try to put it in forward the motor has always wanted to stall. is every Force like this or what could be wrong with my motor. thanks

"Hi Mark, I have a '84 85h

"Hi Mark, I have a '84 85hp and yeah they are troublesome motors. I do however have one in pretty good shape (i.e. well taken care of) and I adjusted the carbs and it stalls less. A couple other tips that work for mine: Keep the screws on top of the gas tank open. Keep the 50-1 ratio as close as possible. Seat idle screws and then back out 7/8 of a turn (factory spec on mine and probably yours too).

Lastly, a couple of guys respond on this site and really know what they are talking about: Just-In-Time and Graham Lamb. If they write back to you my suggestion would be to follow their input. Both have helped me."

thanks David. I have a friend

thanks David. I have a friend checking out my motor this week. I'll see him tonight and let him know what you told me. he mentioned that if I got a hotter spark plug it should take care of it but I'll have him check the carbs. this motor has always given me problems and to think I got rid of my trouble free Johnson for more power.

I have a 1989 Force 85 horse a

I have a 1989 Force 85 horse and my manual is not clear on how to set the timing(clymer). Do you have any reccomendations?

thank you in advance

"Hello Mauro, Sorry I don'

"Hello Mauro, Sorry I don't know. Check w/ Graham Lamb, Just-In-Time or Baxtr. They can help. dave"

Back