Logo

1972 MERCURY CARB

tsquire01

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PICTURE OR

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PICTURE OR DIAGRAM THAT SHOW WHERE THE SCREWS ARE TO ADJUST THE FUEL & AIR RATIO IN THE CARBS?

"OK THAT MAKES SENSE, BUT IF Y

"OK THAT MAKES SENSE, BUT IF YOU WOULD LOOK BACK AT THE MERC DISSCUSION BOARD AT THE POST I STARTED ABOUT 1972 115 INLINE 6 PROBLEMS AND TELL ME WHAT ELSE IF ANYTHING COULD BE THE PROBLEM OR IS THE GENTELMEN CORRECT WITH WHAT HE POSTED, BECUASE I TEND TO AGREE WITH HIM."

"Travis, did you do the compre

"Travis, did you do the compression and spark check, these engines sound great and run smooth without a load. It could be running lean but I'm guessing plugged main jets and dirty carbs. But as suggested due the compression test and spark. Two more suggestions, sea foam in the gas doesn't clean the carbs, if anything it made them worse by loosening all the crud in the gas tank. And running with dirty carbs means no fuel and OIL to that cyl, bad news.
http://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin//YaBB.pl

bottom right of page, cyl drop test, compresion test, fuel problems, and in the vidio section I believe there is a vidio on your engine"

"THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HE

"THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP, IVE WAITED ALONG TIME TO FIND ONE OF THESE INLINE SIX'S AND I PICKED IT UP REAL CHEAP KNOWING THERE WERE GOING TO BE PROBLEMS, BUT LOVE THE MOTORS, AND YOU HAVE HELPED MORE THAN I CAN SAY I APPRECIATE!"

"Due the test and let us know.

"Due the test and let us know. You're welcome
wink.gif
"

Back