Logo

Clinton Outboard Question

"Thanks to the Outboard Motor

"Thanks to the Outboard Motor Club and this question thread I have determined that I have a 1954 Clinton Model 25 that my Grandpaw left me. Now the fun begins. I figure I will begin by trying to find a service manual and have inquired to Discount Marine Parts. Any chance anybody out there may have access to one laying around? BTW, not sure the significance, but the other numbers on the motor are 8 2 3 1 1 I and 0005272. I'll try to attach a picture here so you can get a look. (My Grandpaw painted it, and I haven't cleaned it up yet)
new.gif
215465.jpg
1954 Clinton Model 25

"I have a Clinton Apache outbo

"I have a Clinton Apache outboard I recently purchased that is missing the fuel line to the remote tank. I'm not sure what the year or model # is since I'm at work. Someone tried to tell me I need an expensive pressurized tank that has dual lines. There is only space for one line at the connector on the engine. It basically looks like a Mercury connection,just smaller and shallower. There are 2 lines coming off the connection going to the engine so I'm stumped if I can convert this to another style or not."

"David, the Apache's were

"David, the Apache's were Clintons J5/J6/J9 series and all those models had fuel pumps and a single line.

"Someone" was a little confused between Clinton and OMC. OMC did have models, late 50's for sure that had a dual hose, one to pressurize the gas tank with a line then up ultimately to the carb....

What I would do is go with a more readily available connection. All my motors, especially my Mercs have been converted to modern OMC connections (the cheapest on the market) - they are universal so regardless of what I have hanging on the back of the boat, I can use a single fuel line without fumbling around for the Merc/Yamaha type, Merc bayonette type etc etc...."

How would one go about doing t

How would one go about doing that? The fuel pump is on the tiller handle. The only way I can figure is to run a small hose off the existing port and connect an OMC fitting. Would this be correct or is there a better way?

"The pump or the "connecti

"The pump or the "connection" - you can move the connection back to the cowl unless you are bent on keeping it "original".

If you just want functional, you can fashion a small bracket, or cut a hole in the cowl etc etc.."

I HAVE A SEA KING/ MONTGOMERY

I HAVE A SEA KING/ MONTGOMERY WARD 5 HP /CLINTON ENGINE OUTBOARD. MODEL K5OO3108C SERIAL 1090038 TYPE XTV 52250 CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THE YEAR AND ESTIMATED VALUE?

I HAVE A SEAKING MODEL K751410

I HAVE A SEAKING MODEL K7514106A TYPE XFV50475A WHAT YEAR IS THIS AND HOW IS IT COOLED HELP PLEASE

need help m#50011060b ser#370

need help m#50011060b ser#370093 type#6027005r clinton engines corp wards sea king what do i have need year and eng hp and need some parts can anyone help

"Need info, Wards/Clinton 3.5h

"Need info, Wards/Clinton 3.5hp Model K3504106A Serial 1011120. Type XTV 50534 A
Found it under an old work bench, knocked of the dust and it fired right up! Any info like oil/fuel mix would be appreciated."

"[b]Hey Graham,
I emailed you

"Hey Graham,
I emailed you but I don't think it went thru. I need a manual for a Clnton engine, and info on how to find a water pump for it.
Model # K 700 3107A
Serial # 922798
Type # 60 27370 R

Please tell me you can help...
"

"Pamela, yes I can - will emai

"Pamela, yes I can - will email it to you as soon as I dig it out - it's in pdf format.."

"Pamela, it looks to be a 1975

"Pamela, it looks to be a 1975 model based on the serial - I will try and get the manual to you in the morning."

"Hi, I've got a 1980 Sea k

"Hi, I've got a 1980 Sea king 9.9 and I' looking for some parts( float bowl gasket, recoil spring,& threaded stud for shift mechanism) having a tough time finding schematics or part numbers. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thank's Dave"

"Hi, I have an outboard motor

"Hi, I have an outboard motor made by Clinton Engine Corp. I have searched the internet to find any info, but no luck. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -- Kathy

Model # XTV50507B
Serial # 1574730
Type # K7516107A"

"Kathy, that is a 1979, single

"Kathy, that is a 1979, single cylinder 7.5 horse built by Clinton and sold by Montgomery Wards under their SeaKing line.

This particular model was sold by Wards in 1978/79/80.

The Clinton model (as noted in the type) is a K751.

I have an original owners/parts manual for that model in PDF format. If you would like it, just click on my name (to the left) and drop me an email - I get lot's of mail so if you put K751 in the subject I will remember what you are looking for

Both Clinton and Wards are long out of business, but should it ever require parts www.laingsoutboards.com is a good source for most items you might need."

"Can anyone tell me when it wa

"Can anyone tell me when it was made, what the fuel mixture should be. Also i need aircleaner.

Clinton Engine
Model# K500 1106A
Serial# 430074
Type# 60 27205 R"

"Kevin, she was made by Clinto

"Kevin, she was made by Clinton (now long out of business).

Clinton sold engines under their own name, plus built many for Montgomery Wards which were sold as Sea Kings through the 1970's.

It's a 1972, single cylinder, 5 horse.

The K500's came in two different versions - a purely air-cooled and a blended (air cooled powerhead, water cooled exhaust).

I don't have detailed enough Clinton lists to be able to tell you exactly what you have based on your model numbers. (but suspect that the 1106A part indicates that this is a "blended" model, so there will be an impeller in the lower unit).

In any case, neither model had an air-cleaner and both run on the same mix -

40:1 (the manual actually calls for 3oz oil/per gallon of gas = 42.66:1 - 40:1 is close enough) using regular unleaded and 2 stroke engine oil (such as used for lawnmowers/chainsaws - NOT Marine TCW3 oil which is designed to burn in cooler running engines)..."

"Thank you Graham,
looks lik

"Thank you Graham,
looks like my engine is with water cooled exhaust.
Want to show pictures to make sure it don't need air filter, cleaner or any cap on carburetter.
253035.jpg
"

"Nice looking little motor. An

"Nice looking little motor. And yes, even though it would seem that there should be an air filter or baffle or something there, that's the way it was designed - the carb just hangin' there like that.

The little Merc's (6/8/9.9/15 horse models) had the carb just hangin' like that well up until the mid/late 1990's.

The oldest of my three models with no carb cover of any kind is a 1986 that I have had since new. It has over 2000 hours of run time on it and the lack of a filter or cover has not caused it any issues..."

I picked up a Clinton 7hp K700

I picked up a Clinton 7hp K700 series motor dirt cheap at an auction. Any idea how to drain and fill the lower unit? Or do I need to remove the prop and the four screws that hold on the bottom portion. The normal drain/fill screws are not on this one. I ran it for a minute to make sure it works and it does great! Now want to service it to keep it that way. Thanks for your time.

I bought an Montgomery ward mo

I bought an Montgomery ward motor at a yard sale the women selling it didn't know what year or what size motor it was there is a couple of numbers wrote on it model # GG9001c serial # 65x617757 any one help?

Thanks B

Back