Logo

Clinton Outboard Question

M

Mike Evans

"I inherited a Montgomery Ward

"I inherited a Montgomery Ward Sea King 7hp outboard Clinton Engine Corporation Model k700 2106A Serial 742688 Type 60 27407R. Any idea of date of manufacture (pre or post 1969)? Please respond to [email protected]"

"my name is glenn my mate hase

"my name is glenn my mate hase a 115 hp outbord evinrude 1969 mod i dont know a thing about outbords it gos good when it gets hot it wont start after it get swicth off it gos when it cools it got a new pump in it and pumps good do you know what could be the prublem thanks [email protected]"

"Does anyone know if you can s

"Does anyone know if you can still get parts for a Montgomery Ward Sea King 7hp. Model:K7002107A, serial #: 647946, type: 6027370R, manufactured by Clinton Engine Corporation? Please respond to: [email protected]"

"Have a Clinton engine 7.5hp.

"Have a Clinton engine 7.5hp. - runs good but prop doesn't turn when in gear. Sounds like maybe a shirr pin or gear is stripped? Any ideas?
and how to fix this?

Please reply to: [email protected]

Thanks!!"

" Have a Wards Sea King/Clinto

" Have a Wards Sea King/Clinton Model# XTV.52329A, S/N 1602954, Type# 900-7106A. Could anyone tell me the year and horse power. Thank you. "

"I have a Montgomery Ward moto

"I have a Montgomery Ward motor with the following info:

model: k500 31080
serial: 1051747
type: XIV 52250

Could anyone give me the model year and hp size for the motor? Thanks, please email any info to [email protected]"

I have a montgomery wards sea

I have a montgomery wards sea king / clinton outboard model #k200 3106a. it is 2hp. can anyone tell me the right spark plug for this motor?

"i have a 2hp sea king made by

"i have a 2hp sea king made by clinton engines. model#K200 3106A. serial#951386. type#xtv52202. can anyone tell me the correct spark plug for this motor, along with year,fuel mixture & any other info? thanx"

I inheritaed an 7 horse Montgo

I inheritaed an 7 horse Montgomery Ward Sea King model # K700 1107A Type 27270 R is there any idea of a manufacture date and anywhere i can get original parts?

I just bought a Wards Sea King

I just bought a Wards Sea King 3.5 HP outboard motor manufactured by Clinton Motors Corp. The model # is K350 5106 A. Can enyone tell me where I can find out when it was built and how I can get an owner's manual and a service manual? Thank You.
Stephen

"I have a 7hp Sea King mdl #K7

"I have a 7hp Sea King mdl #K7002107A Ser #657337, I am looking for an exhaust gasket. Does anyone know where I can find parts?"

I have a Wards Sea King (C

I have a Wards Sea King (Clinton Engine) 9 horse outboard; looking for a fuel pump.

I have a 7hp sea king model K7

I have a 7hp sea king model K700 type 6027370r looking for air filter assembly and possibly more.

My father-in-law has a Clinton

My father-in-law has a Clinton Outboard that was his fathers. He would like to see if it runs but is uncertain of the gas/oil mix. Can anyone help? The model and serial number are J9 1101 0
Ser. # 101123

A J9 Clinton takes a 32:1 mixt

A J9 Clinton takes a 32:1 mixture. 4 OZ to 1 gallon.

do you know the year of a seak

do you know the year of a seaking 7.5 hp model vwr52179a

Looking for a Walbro LMB-179-1

Looking for a Walbro LMB-179-1 carb for my Wards Sea King/Clinton air cooled 7.5 hp outboard. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

"I just inherited a 3.5 hp out

"I just inherited a 3.5 hp outboard motor. Bad news is it's previous owner painted the cover and I can't read what button and knob does what. This thing runs, but I'm not sure if it's air cooled, and or if it's an oil/gas mix or what. I can figure out most of this by trial & error but I'd like to know if I can come up with an owner's manual for this motor. It's model number is K350 4000A--sn is 70476. Would like to know the year of this thing and whom it was made for Sears/Wards??? Can anyone help?"

"Bob, you should have started

"Bob, you should have started a new discussion - you almost got lost here.

Anyhow, you have a Clinton 3.5 horse Air-Cooled model built somewhere between 1976-80.

You can mix 2 cycle engine oil (for lawnmowers/chainsaws - NOT Marine oil) at a ratio of 24:1 with regular unleaded gas and it will run fine for you.

Clinton went bankrupt a couple of times over the years and finally completely called it quits in 1980 - so the records are a little scarce and I can't narrow down your model any closer than above.

Because it has a Clinton model number (as opposed to a Sears or Wards) it may simply have been marketed as a Clinton engine.

You can most likely find a manual at www.discount-marine-parts.com just email them with your model number and I'm sure they can hook you up..."

"hi my grandfather past recent

"hi my grandfather past recently got a 7.0 hp motor model# k-700 1107 A Serial# 593208,from his house and I can pull the cord so not locked up I hope anyway, what kind of gas mixture do I use in it, }and how can I get a manuel so I can try to fix it up and get it running"

"I have a Clinton Engines Corp

"I have a Clinton Engines Corp. outboard motor, Model No. K300 3106A, Serial No. 940554, Type No. XTV 52203. Can anyone tell me when it was made, what the fuel mixture should be, what type of spark plug to use, and ony other owner information. Please respond to [email protected]. Thank you."

"Robert, I believe your type i

"Robert, I believe your type is actually KTV (probably obscured a bit).

Your motor is a 1975, single cylinder, 3 horse, built by Clinton for Montgomery Wards (store brand).

The fuel mixes at 24:1 - regular unleaded gas and 2 cycle engine oil such as used for lawnmowers and chainsaws - NOT marine oil.

You can use an NGK BM4A spark plug gapped at .030" (or a Champion cross ref to that NGK)."

"Graham, thanks for the inform

"Graham, thanks for the information. Would this motor be air cooled or water cooled. It has cooling fins to make me think it is air cooled but it also looks like it has a water intake hole also."

"Robert, yes it's air cool

"Robert, yes it's air cooled. The exhaust housing/lower unit were common to a number of outboard mfg's - so water cooled so it was built to accomodate both..."

"I have just got a clinton out

"I have just got a clinton outboard but know nothing about it; Manufacture date, Hp rateing, fuel mix, where to get parts or if I can, any info would help
Model no. K7515106 B
Serial no. 1382891
Type No. XTV 50575 B"

"Your type is actually KTV 505

"Your type is actually KTV 50575 B - they must have printed the "K" poorly, because many list it that way.

Your Clinton was built by them for Mongomery Wards and sold under the store brand "Sea King".

It is a 1978 (clinton model K751), single cylinder, 7.5 horse.

The few clinton's that I have seen are air-cooled engines and I have no information that they ever produced a water-cooled model (but can't say for sure).

If your motor is air cooled you can mix it with regular unleaded gas and 2 cycle oil (such as used for lawnmowers/chainsaws) - not marine oil at a ratio of 24:1.

Both Clinton and Montgomery Wards are out of business so certain parts may be hard to find. There is a number of sources on the internet that can provide you with tune-up/ignition parts or alternately, a local small engine shop may be able to help you out since the carbs, point etc were of a fairly generic variety..."

"I purchased a Clinton Sea Kin

"I purchased a Clinton Sea King outboard. 4 HP Model # K4002106A--Serial No. 681380--Type No. 60-27404R
It runs, but not well. In the carb. bowel was the seat for the carb. needle. I have 24:1 chainsaw oil in the gas. I have ordered from Dave Henshaw a manuel but have not received it as yet. Do you know what year it was built and can I seat the needle sleeve with the needle valve?"

"To edit my email from 1-11-08

"To edit my email from 1-11-08 09:44 pm, after looking at the carb again the brass seat was not from the needle valve. Could not even get to the bowl. Don't know where it came from! I am a woodworker and not a mechanic. Any help would be much appreciated. I also have more numbers from the carb but don't know if they mean anything. Thank you for any help you can give me."

Back