Logo

1953 Evinrude 25hp Big Twin project

signalmessiah

"I just bought a 1953 Evinrude

"I just bought a 1953 Evinrude 25hp "Big Twin" on Ebay, (model:25012 s/n:31621) and intend to clean it up and replace plugs, impeller, thermostat, etc before trying to start it.It has been in storage for ten years, they say. I'm going crazy trying to find parts!! I searched this site and found only manuals, which I went ahead and ordered this afternoon. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
uhoh.gif
85823.jpg
"

"I love it! I'm a softcore

"I love it! I'm a softcore hermit...kind of a drug-store hermit and admittedly not the real thing.
Thank Y'all again. I stumbled onto a good site for decals and paint that You guys may already know about....it's www.nymarine.ca or forward slash ca. I hope this helps someone."

"John, I had found that site b

"John, I had found that site before from a post on here, got it saved in case I ever decide to do a full - blown restoration on my Lightwins. Good luck."

"Thank You, Bill! That's l

"Thank You, Bill! That's lots of good info. I've ordered a parts manual, an owner's manual, and a professional service manual- all reprinted and sold by folks on ebay. I don't know what kind of quality they will be, we'll see when they arrive. I ordered a carb kit, spark plugs and an impeller kit from boatfix. I'm not overly bright, but it was easy to navigate around and find the stuff I needed on that link. Thanks again!
John
"The cross-eyed discus thrower makes the crowds nervous.""

"I have purchased a lot of par

"I have purchased a lot of parts from ISHOP and Boatfix. I just recently found the Mastertech site. I like his parts kits. All his carb kits have the floats in them. Most others don't. ISHOP is a good place to find all available part numbers, i.e. BMC, Sierria, etc.
Bill"

Back