Logo

Mariner 135 HP

vjtovar

"Recently, I bough a 135 hp 2.

"Recently, I bough a 135 hp 2.0 liters Mariner engine,that have the following number: ON077042. I want to know what year is my motor. Thanks..."

"Victor, that motor is so new

"Victor, that motor is so new it hasn't even hit the archives yet - it's definately not older than 2002, and although Merc/Mariner serial numbers do not break out to an exact year, this motor is in the "current" production run, so maybe a 2004 (?)"

"Graham, thanks x your informa

"Graham, thanks x your information.

I'm pleased to know that my motor is so new, because I always thought it were too old.

The number 077042 was taken from a round piece - like a plug - located in top of power head. This could to change your criteria about the year of motor? It´s possible attach a picture in order to help in the motor identification?

Where can I look for specifications, owner / services manual?

What is the most recomended spark plug to operate the motor at 1,900 mts above sea level - 20°C?

Thanks again...."

"Victor, you can get a manual

"Victor, you can get a manual for that from this site - just have a look at the upper right part of this page.

The only recommended plug for that motor is NGK BPZ8HS-10 gapped at .040" (1.0mm).

You didn't state whether this motor has carbs or is fuel injected. In either case there is no recommendation for changes running at a higher altitude. The only note that I saw regarding that was the fact that they produced a different lower unit gear for high altitude operation (to compensate for the thinner air/reduced rpms).

Mercury/Mariner has pretty much done away with the "exact" model year. Every motor in a given series will be/look exactly the same. They did this mostly so that a dealer won't have "old motors" in stock, plus, the motors just don't change any/if at all from year to year until they implement a new design.

Your motor falls into the "current" line. So, if a dealer still had it in his shop, he could sell it as a 2007. So whether it was bought in 2004 or 2007 makes no difference to the parts/maintenance of the motor."

"Graham, tks again.

I belie

"Graham, tks again.

I believe have clear my doubts, and I hope enjoy this motors many years without failures.

Greetings from Colombia....."

Back