MarineEngine.com - Your online store for all types of marine engines and boat parts.
PHONE ORDERS
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Click for TOLL-FREE Number
Online Checkout
Special $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping
(800) 209-9624 | Home | Contact | Shipping | Returns | Cart View your shopping cart.
Part Number Search
Shop by engine/drive part number.
Original & matching parts for sale.
Manuals & Accessories
Shop by description, item number
or manufacturer's model number.
Boat Repair Forum Boat Repair Forum   Boat Video Gallery Video Gallery

Get instant online access to repair manuals for your Mercury / Mariner outboard. Online Manuals
MercuryMariner
Order printed Mercury / Mariner service manuals — shipped to your door! Printed Manuals
MercuryMariner
Use engine diagrams to find & order parts for your Mercury / Mariner engine. Engine Diagrams
MercuryMariner
Find parts quickly with Mercury application guides. Quick Parts Guide
MercurySierraCDI

Default "Recently, I bough a 135 hp 2.

"Recently, I bough a 135 hp 2.0 liters Mariner engine,that have the following number: ON077042. I want to know what year is my motor. Thanks..."

Inverary, Ontario, Canada - The Great White North Eh!

Default "Victor, that motor is so new

"Victor, that motor is so new it hasn't even hit the archives yet - it's definately not older than 2002, and although Merc/Mariner serial numbers do not break out to an exact year, this motor is in the "current" production run, so maybe a 2004 (?)"
    Graham

A "professional" is someone who gets paid for their work - it doesn't necessarily mean they are good at it :)

Default "Graham, thanks x your informa

"Graham, thanks x your information.

I'm pleased to know that my motor is so new, because I always thought it were too old.

The number 077042 was taken from a round piece - like a plug - located in top of power head. This could to change your criteria about the year of motor? Itīs possible attach a picture in order to help in the motor identification?

Where can I look for specifications, owner / services manual?

What is the most recomended spark plug to operate the motor at 1,900 mts above sea level - 20°C?

Thanks again...."

Inverary, Ontario, Canada - The Great White North Eh!

Default "Victor, you can get a manual

"Victor, you can get a manual for that from this site - just have a look at the upper right part of this page.

The only recommended plug for that motor is NGK BPZ8HS-10 gapped at .040" (1.0mm).

You didn't state whether this motor has carbs or is fuel injected. In either case there is no recommendation for changes running at a higher altitude. The only note that I saw regarding that was the fact that they produced a different lower unit gear for high altitude operation (to compensate for the thinner air/reduced rpms).

Mercury/Mariner has pretty much done away with the "exact" model year. Every motor in a given series will be/look exactly the same. They did this mostly so that a dealer won't have "old motors" in stock, plus, the motors just don't change any/if at all from year to year until they implement a new design.

Your motor falls into the "current" line. So, if a dealer still had it in his shop, he could sell it as a 2007. So whether it was bought in 2004 or 2007 makes no difference to the parts/maintenance of the motor."
    Graham

A "professional" is someone who gets paid for their work - it doesn't necessarily mean they are good at it :)

Default "Graham, tks again. I belie

"Graham, tks again.

I believe have clear my doubts, and I hope enjoy this motors many years without failures.

Greetings from Colombia....."