Logo

1995 evinrude 28 spl cant remove temperture switch

qlty

I have the cyl head watercover

I have the cyl head watercover off.The rubber jacket came off the switch was crusted in salt I have carefully scraped away salt I can see the switch I am soaking it with water still wount come out.Afraid if I pull on wire pig tail it might break off.Does the switch fill the whole cavity or is it smaller 1/4 inch dia?Any suggestions?? TIA

The hole is the same diameter

The hole is the same diameter all the way to its bottom. The sensor is just slightly smaller in diameter. Take a shart pointed scribe and clean the debris away from the outer edge.

Thanks Joe I finally dug it ou

Thanks Joe I finally dug it out.Should there be a small ridge (ring )at the bottom of the cavity?Ijust want to be sure I have it all out.The last part that came out looked like a button or hat shape that went into that ridge at the bottom of the cavity.

Also do I use any sealer or ga

Also do I use any sealer or gasket compound when I put the new one in ?Thanks again in advance

I don't recall a ridge but

I don't recall a ridge but of course one may exist. Just cleaning that hole thoproughly should reveal whether a ridge is there or not.

Just use a little grease when installing it. You may want to rermove it again someday.

Back