Logo

Merc 98 water pump changing

J

Jeremey

Could someone give me detaile

Could someone give me detailed instructions for changing the water pump on a Merc 9.8?thanks

"Could someone send detailed i

"Could someone send detailed instructions for changing the water pump on a merc 9.8 thanks..please send responsed to [email protected]"

" Jeremy...Its not that bad to

" Jeremy...Its not that bad to do but I suggest you invest in the proper service manual and read the process before attempting the job. Make sure the motor is in forward gear when you remove the lower unit and be sure you line up the water tube with the guide when replacing the lower unit. PS...The lower unit can be tricky to reinstall,I've seen many mechanics learn new words while replacing the lower unit so be patient...DJ "

Jeremy

DJMERCMAN is correc

Jeremy

DJMERCMAN is correct My father-in law is a pretty good handy man around motors and it took him three tries to get all the tubes lined up on his Merc 7 HP. when he replaced his impeler. He said a manual would have been a lot easier than the agravation of tearing the lower unit off three times.

" Get the manual and take your

" Get the manual and take your time. It is a very simple procedure, but patience is a virture.
Good Luck and Have Fun on the Water. "

where is the best place to ge

where is the best place to get a manual for a merc 9.8

Back