Logo

Evinrude trolling motor wire up question

daviddunivan

Contributing Member
"i got an evinrude scout troll

"i got an evinrude scout trolling motor that is the twelve or twenty four volt/ with selectible toggle switch on a boat that i bought... it has three wires coming from it, one black, one red and one white. how does this wire up on the twelve and how would you wire it up on the twenty four volt, also is it possible to hook two twelve volt marine batteries up to this to get it to the twenty four volt setting.... any help is great, thanks"

"David I'm not 100% sure o

"David I'm not 100% sure of the wireing on that motor but two deep cycle marine batteries is a good idea. You can hook them up in series for 24v ,that would be pos. to neg. etc. kinda like the batteries in a flashlight. Or for 12v they need to be hooked up parallel or pos. to pos. and neg. to neg. However if you want tremendous reserve power (3 times as much as the best 12v deep cycle you can find) I would consider 2 6V golf cart batteries hooked up in series to produce 12v. The only down side to carrying two batteries is the weight of course. Someone else here can tell you about the wireing for sure."

Back