Logo

Shifts thru controls but no neutral switch kill

viequesboy1

Contributing Member
"Hi guys, just put in outdriv

"Hi guys, just put in outdrive, had seals installed,it shifts rough without the kill switch engaging, just straight shift ugly noise...seems like kill switch not doing job.. kill switch works if i push it manually by hand either way ,it stalls engine fine , i quess / dont know ,cable is new...? thats why i need your help guys it shifts f,n,r, roughly but without the one second kill switch engaging for that smooth whomp. please help me... Angel"

Have you got your shift cables

Have you got your shift cables adjusted properly?

The shift interrupt switch only works when shifting OUT of gear into neutral. It likely won't work on land with a test on muffs; only in the water. It needs water resistance to put the proper load on the shift cable to trip the switch. Making any sense?

Is it shifting roughly INTO gear? You will hear a fair bit of noise shifting gears out of the water. Its amazing these things last as long as they do considering the noise they make. If your car made a racket like that you would park ASAP it for fear of disaster.
Rod

"ROD , YES IT MAKES MORE THAN

"ROD , YES IT MAKES MORE THAN ENOUGH SENSE , I WAS TRYING OUT OF THE WATER WITH MUFFS ON .. YOU KNOW WHAT, YOUR THE MAN ... THANKS A LOT ILL TRY IN WATER THIS TIME.. HOPE IT DOES WORK... ANGEL"

"Rod put boat in water , shift

"Rod put boat in water , shift good in reverse nice and smooth but foward a l i t t le boom is it normal or need adjusting ? how i adjusted?... thank you, Angel"

Back