Logo

Have some questions

G

"Hi everyone,
I have a 1978 E

"Hi everyone,
I have a 1978 Evinrude 150hp. for some reason my moter backfires out the exuast loudly. cant figure out how to set timing if thats the issue.

also plugs on right side seem to get covered in fuel mix and left side does not.

someone asked me if the plugs had spark to them... well I dont know how to do that.. sorry.

moter dies when taken out of idle and from forward to reverse.

really weird thing is that about 2 months ago hit a sand and mud barge and maby a rock hit hard! while blade turning. seemed to act alittle weird after that.

also had a problem with a little peice that I belive is the timing advance arm that goes into the uderside of the flywheel. Had swivel balls on both sides of them. not really sure what it was but got a new one at a mariena.

after new perice was installed boat was alittle slugglish but work ok for the day.

next day and well everyday now... boart will not idle or go any faster than 5 mph.

if anyone has had this problem let me know if you had fixed the problem THANKS!!.."

"Only Johnny-Rude I had with a

"Only Johnny-Rude I had with a back-firing problem had a partially sheared flywheel key. You may want to check that. Otherwise, I would time it according the the excellent directions in the factory manual."

Back