Logo

Sea King 5HP

J

Judson

"Hi, Can anyone tell me the y

"Hi, Can anyone tell me the year of this Sea King? We're trying to determine fuel mixture. Model is 15GG-9015. Serial# 396597. Any other pointers welcome. Hasn't been started for 20+ years. Thanks. Judson"

"Judson, nice motor - it's

"Judson, nice motor - it's a 1951 twin cylinder, 5 horse built by Gale (OMC) which was sold through Montgomery Wards as a store brand.

The Gale "Buccaneer" (OMC's own version) model equivalent would be 5D10.

You can mix modern unleaded gas 24:1 with TCW3 rated 2 cycle marine oil and you should be fine.

Suprisingly most tune-up/maintenance parts are still very much available for these (carb kits etc)...."

i need to know if anyone knows

i need to know if anyone knows who made a ward Seaking 15 ft. boat with 50 hp Seaking moter I need a manual for it thanks

"Your boat could have been mad

"Your boat could have been made by any number of small boatbuilders depending on it's particular construction.

There were wooden, lapstrake and aluminum models. Usually bought from multiple suppliers even in the same year. So unless you can find a plate on it somewhere at least giving the city where it was manufactured, you could be guessing for a long time.

The motor however, is almost certainly a Chrysler. They were the only builder (in that era) that produced a horsepower in that size for Montgomery Wards..."

Back