Logo

1989 60hp mercury no spark

D

david frost

hi i have 1989 60hp mercury mo

hi i have 1989 60hp mercury motor i change the rectifer 4 months ago went to take it out and no spark i get power to the rectifer but not to the switch box the boat shop said thats the problem so i put a new one on and still no spark could it be the stator ?? any help to check this would be nice thank you

Did you check your emergency k

Did you check your emergency kill switch? If its on you will not get any spark.

there is no emergency kill swi

there is no emergency kill switch this is a pontoon boat i looked every where for that first i thought i tested the switch box and there was 12 volts maybe not any other ideas????

ok i test the rectiier there i

ok i test the rectiier there is 12 volts on the + side all the time with the key off or on is that ok for that or does it go by ground wire for turning the ingition on to fire it ????

That is normal to have battery

That is normal to have battery voltage on the + side of the rectifier. Locate the black/yellow wire on the switchbox and check it with your ohm meter to ground. You should not get a reading with the motor down. That wire goes to 2 places. An emergency kill switch if you had one and a mercury switch that prevents you from starting the motor when it is tilted up.

Back