Logo

Outdrives

i bought a 19' bayliner a

i bought a 19' bayliner a couple weeks ago and it had the outdrive off of it. when i got the boat and outdrive there was a cover inside the boat for a 280 outdrive. when looking at the outdrive it is a 270. will this give any problems? does it make any difference? what is this boat supposed to have on it? it has a AQ140A 4 cylinder in it. any help is great.

Just check that the steering b

Just check that the steering bolt theough the 'helmet' to the top of the drive fits!
The 270 have a single bolt that screws into the top. the 280 have a 'cylinder' type that is fixed with 2 bolts.
Normally the 270 only may use short-hub props.
Used on the 140 there should be no big problem. The mentioned cover should fit both 270 and 280.

I'd check the gear ratio o

I'd check the gear ratio on that drive before I hung it back on the boat. I come accross boats ocasionally with the wrong gear ratio on them and the customer wants to know why his boat doesn't operate right.

thank you for the advice. i am

thank you for the advice. i am told that my gear ratio is 2.15:1. i looked at it last night and it is 1.50:1. i now know what my problem is so no more guessing. thanks for all the help.

Back