Logo

Throttle delay any ideas

theporte

"I have a 2003 Tige' 22V,

"I have a 2003 Tige' 22V, with a Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI 315 HP and a SynchroTech v-drive transmission. I seem to be having a problem with a delay in my throttle engaging the boat to move forward. Specifically, it seems that the boat wants to move forward once it hits about 900-1000 RPM's. Even if the idle is set at 900 (with the gear shift in neutral) once I shift it into forward gear the RPMs drop down to 500. In order to get the boat to move forward I have to move the throttle enough so that the RPMs hit 900-1000 and then the transmission will engage and the boat moves forward. I can adjust the idle in neutral easily, but how do I adjust the RPM's so that once I move the throttle forward the RPM's are immediately at 900-1000 instead of 500? I was thinking if I made that adjustment, then the throttle would engage without delay. Perhaps I should just take the boat in, but I'm looking to see if there is a quick solution before I do so. Thanks."

"put it on trailer and put it

"put it on trailer and put it in gear, then adj idle

i work on these everyday, the perfect pass could be set wrong also"

Thanks. I ended up taking off

Thanks. I ended up taking off the transmission cable and putting the boat in gear via the throttle. I then moved the transimssion into gear directly on the transmission and it went into gear. I adjusted the cable and all worked great for awhile.

The next day I went out wakeboarding again and now I have the same problem. This time though I removed the cable from the transimission and manually moved the lever and the boat again will not go into gear until it gets about 1000 RPM's of power. This is not the same situation if I put it in reverse. In reverse it will kick in immediately. Since the transmission is totally isolated with the cable removed I'm thinking the transmission is slipping and I need to get it repaired.

Any ideas on what could be done to fix this. Can the shops take out the transimission and replace parts inside to fix it? Thank you.

"more info:

I have a Velvet

"more info:

I have a Velvet Drive 10-17004 a Walter v-drive RV-260 with a Mercruiser MAG MPI 315 HP engine. The cables are adjusted correctly, on 2003 Tige' 22V. When the boat goes into forward gear when it's cold it engages immediately. However, when it goes into gear after the boat is warm and we have been towing wake boarders with a full boat of people there is then a delay in engagement for the forward gear. The reverse gear always works fine. I disconnect the transmission cable and manually move the lever on the transmission. It will not engage forward until the RPMs hit about 1000 when it's warm, but again engages fine at about 500 RPMs when cold.

As a little more information, the transmission may have been partially submerged in water during the winter. The plug stayed in and the boat had water in the hull. The fluids have since been changed once however.

If you have advice on repair or whether the problem might be with the transmission or v-drive, please let me know. I am also in contact with Walter v-drive and they may help. Thanks for any advice."

Back