Logo

HELP PLS Four fuel pump brakes down in 1 season

makbat

"Pls help....The 4th electric

"Pls help....The 4th electric pump brakes down on me today !!! With only 5 hours of using, pls if any one has this problem may find the problem....it is frustrating, tnx very much"

"That is unfortunately not unc

"That is unfortunately not uncommon, and may often be traced back to first engine start. Pump was running dry too long before it got fuel!"

"Mr. Morten your theory is nic

"Mr. Morten your theory is nice, but do we have any solutions for that problem? Its very bad, i haw been towed for 20 km to the marina last night,
we have opened the pupm right now (we are a servis for electrical problems) and we are looking the pump, we are testing it now....i will share the results,Thank you Morten."

"As 'first' start afte

"As 'first' start after change, use an outboard tank with primer bulb and prime it up/fill the carb. Be even sure the filters are filled up. Have seen those pumps 'burn' after less than 5 seconds dry run!"

"We have opended the pump i se

"We have opended the pump i set it to run directly, and the pump is working properly....we have suspiction that the ball (i mean the ball thats in the fuel thank, it is stuck in one position, the
ball thats cutting/or providing the fuel to the system....uhhh i dont know if i can explain that good.
"

If You are talking about the &

If You are talking about the 'anti siphon valve' which normally is located at the tank-top: (spring loaded ball) remove it. If That keeps acting up the pump runs 'lean' and burns.

"...becouse it is happening wh

"...becouse it is happening when i PUT FULL POWER on starting and i mean....The "ball" is going in the position to FULL Supply of fuel and becouse the presure is to hight at that moment and the "ball" is going in the uper position and i think its getting stuck there and the fuel suply is cutinng off....now we are going to open that "ball" and hopping to lubricate that part
"

"ammmm Anti siphon ball [img][

"ammmm Anti siphon ball
thats the right word
Tnx a lot Morten....let me talk to my mechanic...tnx again"

"But...if we remove it, then a

"But...if we remove it, then after working the fuel will come back in the tank (after siiting for a while) Becouse i dont drive it every day...its sitting on the waater(sweet watter lake, "OHRID LAKE") and the pump and the filter will stay dry! and then we have dry start
What do you think?"

If You look closer at the func

If You look closer at the function:
It is there to prevent the fuel tank from 'siphoning' fuel into the bilge in case a fuel leak at any part lower than the top of the fuel tank. It does NOT prevent fuel from going back. That is for the valves in the fuel-pump to sort out!
But You should anyway have a shut-off valve in the line when changing filters etc.

"Ok Morten i will do these che

"Ok Morten i will do these chekups....becouse in my country Macedonia there is no Boat service
Damn where do i live...where r u from Morten? And what do you do?"

"Click at my name and You find

"Click at my name and You find out both whereI'm from and where I'm at the moment.
And I can tell You that where I live now the boatservice is probably not much better than where You are.
The most common boat engine here is a Honda powerplant and two meter straight shaft off the crank, at the best geared down by a bicycle chain!"

"HeHe....I have seen the Jeann

"HeHe....I have seen the Jeanneau i almost cry yhe gorgeus thing ever, But..i`m just 28yrs i have time :) Yesterday 3 mechanics 2 electricians, meeting around fuel pump
The next thing is to see the "ball" and try to lubricate somehow, but with fuel going try her it will be hard to stay libricated, will try
"

Back