Logo

Mariner Magnum 40 alarm sounding

hurljam

I was putting around yesterday

I was putting around yesterday and the overheat alarm went off although the engine was peeing good. Now it goes off immediately after starting the engine. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

you sure it is water not the o

you sure it is water not the oil alarm
if so it could be bad sensor or bad sensor-box
got a manual ?>

"Thanks!! Yes I have the manu

"Thanks!! Yes I have the manual and it says that if it is a oil problem, then it will give short intermitted beeps, but it has the constant beep. But I'm willing to try anything. Where is the sensor sensor/box located?"

"I'll check when I get hom

"I'll check when I get home. From what I remember....there were some blue wires and a tan wire and a black or brown wire(with a white stripe) that came out of a plastic tube from the top of the engine(behind the oil reservoir). The tan and black/brown wires were not connected to anything. Is it possible that they were supposed to be connected to each other and somehow came unconnected? Once I find the sensor box, how can I tell if it is failing?
Thanks alot!!!}i'm a newbie to boat engines, but usually can figure things out with help."

"I unplugged the Temp sensor a

"I unplugged the Temp sensor and the alarm was still sounding. It now sounds all the time when I turn the key. I haven't tried unplugging the oil sensor yet, but I have a feeling that it is the Warning Horn module. What do you think?

Thanks!"

"find the two blue wires comei

"find the two blue wires comeing out of the front bottom of oil tank and unplug one of them if the horn stops, buy a new oil tank. magnet is not working."

Thanks for all of your help.

Thanks for all of your help. I got the service manual from the Library and concluded that it was the warning module.
It was a $75 part and took 30 minutes max to fix.

Back