Flame Thrower Coil 40511
CDI/Rapair OMC shift assist module 123-9898

Replace and adjust a (new) shift cable
I have bought:
New Shift Cable Assembly 18-2245-1
Outdrive mounting gasket set
Engine Alignment tool

I have the "real" OMC Cobra service manual and Hastings documentation

I welcome ANY TIPS, TRICKS OR GENERAL ADVICE!

I have never done such projects before

Thank you in advance"

Carston:

I also have a 1989

Carston:

I also have a 1989 cobra 4.3... I was just curious as to why you are making the changes with the ignitor and coil? will it enhance the performance? I'm always looking to add a kick to mine... so I am curious. Good luck with that! Ken

"Ken,

As a layman - an elec

"Ken,

As a layman - an electronic igniting is far more reliable than points - and also a great advantage from a maintainance point of view - some claims that the engine runs better/better performance -I don't know if that is a noticible difference if any?? - Points are old technology Electronic ignition is newer - Anyway I am a novice to this field - but I think I am right - I welcome somebody to correct me :)

Carsten"

"Change it to electronic!!!.

"Change it to electronic!!!. Youll be very happy. Best thing I ever did. You have to buy a kit, I got mine from Lighthouse marine. It changes the ESA module using the exact same harness you already have. Mine was a pain because the harness was miswired from the factory but if you get a good one youll be in bix in no time. No more stinkin points"

"Ken, also need the shift link

"Ken, also need the shift linkage alignment tool, its looks like a 90 degree block, I have used a square of 1 1/2' bar stock to do the alignment."

Back