Logo

Ramp talk

farnsp

Regular Contributor
"Maybe this is'nt the plac

"Maybe this is'nt the place but...

"Its like brand new guys". I usually run my boat during fishing hours, and the guys around at that time are usually fishermen. The talk at the ramp is usually small talk, where's the fish at?, things of this nature. Then there's the guy, you know, that guy who asks,"Gee mister, you're going out there, in that?" Just how old is that boat anyway? I always say it's not how old, but how good. I always keep a tow rope handy, just in case one of those guys needs a tug...

Buy a manual, read it, makes all the difference in the world."

"86 whaler and 86 evinrude, a

"86 whaler and 86 evinrude, a little old but secure and trustworthy for me, I think... did that guy is a fisherman or a wannabee??"

"I like it -- "It's no

"I like it -- "It's not how old but how good!"

I just towed in a much newer boat last night with my 1987 vintage rig.

One of the nicest, most reliable and smooth running little motors I have is 1964 Evinrude 5.5 hp. And I also love the faithful 1985 Evinrude 4 hp.

Blessings!

Jim"

"This winter my boat will fina

"This winter my boat will finally get the finish restoration that is deserves. 3 years ago I rebuilt the transom, floor, and 1979 Evinrude 140.

Now this winter I will finally get a chance to take off all the hardware, sand, and paint the entire boat and make this 1981 hull look brand new. While I'm at it, I might paint the motor as well. I think a rig like that would turn quite a few heads.

KJ"

"I have a 1960 crestliner with

"I have a 1960 crestliner with a 1982 jonson 60 on it, people look at me like I have 3 heads when they see me put her in the ocean, it maybe an old boat but its very stable and very reliable. I laugh because I always see much nicer boats then mine being towed back. Plus most of the people buying expensive boats know how to put gas in and thats about it, so when theres a problem forget it...any ways just nice to see some people enjoy old things like me"

"You all have new boats <[img

"You all have new boats
happy.gif

Mine is a '57 Texas Maid with a '73 50hp Johnson. It floats and goes OK. Recently I had to tow a very new boat to the marina. He'd run out of gas. That was a slow trip but my good deed for the day."

Back