Logo

4JH2MHTE Inj NozzleProtectors

crzhors

Contributing Member
"Greetings, Does anyone have t

"Greetings, Does anyone have tips on removing the nozzle protectors(119625-11870) from the Inj.bore in order to install new with rebuilt injectors? Thanks, all ideas appreciated!
84671.jpg
4jh2m-hte inj. nozzle protector"">
84672.jpg
4jh2m-hte inj.bore

Usually a small hooked pick is

Usually a small hooked pick is used. Get under it and pull up. If you have the new ones you can see how they are fashioned and go from there. When new they are soft and will harden with heat and use. Some use a small screw driver and pick at it to loosen then at. Hope this helps

"Hello again, Well,the old yan

"Hello again, Well,the old yankee noggin came up with this,Put a sharp 3/8 drillbit in a tap handle and turn it into the old nozzle protector and then pull it right out. For my next trick,pulling off the turbo for cleaning,which is up under the Galley floor-Yippee! Muchas Gracias!"

"Sounds good, one guy I knew u

"Sounds good, one guy I knew use to push em in with a screw driver and let the comustion blow it out. Not a good thing.
Double check the protector for your engine & s/n also get the letter and numbers off the body of the injector. Some of the protectors came with a steel washe, some did not. Would not hurt to double check. Just food for thought
Ron"

Back