Logo

Fuel pump relay

My boat 4.3 is starting and ru

My boat 4.3 is starting and running great now. I just cant keep the fuel flowing smoothly and that is because the fuel pump kicks off and will not kick back on.... where is the relay and the cut off sending unit. The only electornic i see on the side of the card is at the choke valve. I just need to get that last problem solved and i think that i am in the water! thanks guys

"Your Info is abit Thin,......

"Your Info is abit Thin,......

If this is a Carbed motor,....
The Fuel Pump is wired thru a Switch located on the lower portside of the Block,.....
My Guess is,.... That Switch is Bad....."

"yea its a carbed motor. i jus

"yea its a carbed motor. i just bought a carb rebuild kit, carbs fully dissasembled right now and soaking in cleaner. i will reassemble and see what happens. this should cure most of my problems. i cleaned all the terminals off on the relay and got the fuel flowing and that helped. but the motor would bog out and stall if i backed off the throttle. so carb issues are being corrected i hope. thanks bondo, that switch seems to be functioning."

well put the rebuild kit in an

well put the rebuild kit in and cleaned all the crap out of carb. reinstalled and she started up and ran...and idled...yyyaaaahhhh. but then she cut out...why... no fuel in the bowl!! hard to run with no gas. i ran the fuel pump straight to the battery switch and she ran like that allowing throttle adjustments. now i am seeing that the oil pressure switch is functioning but i think the connectors are just that dirty. so i am going to rewire that and pray. i was hoping to be in the water tomorrow. we shall see

Try jumping past the oil press

Try jumping past the oil pressure switch on a TEMPORARY basis to see if the problem goes away.

You might also stick a good mechanical gage on the motor to see if the real oil pressure isn't too low--I never trust 'boat gages' that have taken a beating over the years.

Jeff

Back