Logo

Where can I get a Throttle Cable

wlatour

I have a 1987 SunRunner 19.6&#

I have a 1987 SunRunner 19.6' with a Volvo Penta AQ151A 2.3 liter engine. The Dealer said I needed a throttle cable? Is this cable the same for the gas(throttle and shifting)? Where can I get one. Thanks Warren

I bought mine on Ebay... I for

I bought mine on Ebay... I forget how much it was... but it was very reasonalbe....
OG

What am I looking for? Is the

What am I looking for? Is there two seperate cables one for the gas one for the shifting? What size do I need 20'? I am new to this. Thanks

standard morse 33c cable. ther

standard morse 33c cable. there will be a number engraved into it. part of the number is the length. available everywhere.

"There is 2 different cables..

"There is 2 different cables.... now that I think about it ... I replaced the shifting cable...
I think they are size for the boat... If you have a 20' you buy a cable for a 20'er... You could measure it from end to end to make sure you get an exact match if you have it out already.
I have gain 90% of my boating knowledge from my POS boat.... I guess it was still cheaper than putting it in the shop for every nit pickin problem I have encountered... Like just last wekk I learned how to replace the floor and Fiberglass it... I learned how to build the interior side panels and cover them in vinyl am make seat bottoms (Stainless Steel staples and the Green foam if you ever have to do that)
Have fun learning or you will go crazy....
lol.gif

Oilguy"

"Hey Oilguy, Yes I did find th

"Hey Oilguy, Yes I did find the two cables on Ebay for $24.00 Bucks. I am new at boating and I really put my knowledge to this boat and changed most of the parts my self including the messy Oil part! I had to take it out cup by cup. I am looking for a oil drainer that goes down the dipstick. I also replaced the boards on all the seats and side walls. I dont have much for boards but the vinyl has cracks all over that I want to replaces someday. Thanks for the info Warren"

No problem... I have one of th

No problem... I have one of those oil suckers but it never works well... I usually tilt the boat up high in the front and just pull the plug and let it drain out of the back on the boat then clean up the bilge area afterward... Not the correct way... but I change so much oil that I usually just go for the fastest easiest way....
Take care of your floor.... You don't want to have to do that.... not fun at all... I don't really like playing with fiberglass resin >>> It gets everywhere and when I sand it it irritates my skin a bit.
OG

"I Like it !!
I have done tha

"I Like it !!
I have done that to plenty of heavy equipment and on board compressors... I don't know why I didn't think to do that on my boat?!?!?!
proud.gif

I'll be doing that next week!
OG"

Back