Logo

Mercury service manual

clevek

" wondering (if available&

" wondering (if available), is the mercury service manual easier to use than something such as seloc or clymer? "

I have an 84 35 hp merc. It st

I have an 84 35 hp merc. It started running rough and didn't want to idle. The insulation from the cowling was breaking down and appeared some of the material may have been sucked into the intake. The top cylinder is not hitting. The coils have been checked and seem to be fine. The "box" was replaced and both plugs fire real good. Compression was checked on both cylinders and found to be 150 psi plus. It appears the top cylinder is not getting fuel. As it only has one carburator our thought at this time is that something may have gotten into the reed valve assembly. We are still getting excessive smoke and black gunk coming out of the exhaust (like way to much fuel is getting through. Before I split the case to go into the reed valve assembly is there anything else that may cause this?

Ruptured diaphragm on the fuel

Ruptured diaphragm on the fuel pump????Remove carburetor and you may be able to remove stuff from reeds.

Back