Logo

1996 Crusader 350 XL service questions

sdstarnes

"I am looking at a boat powere

"I am looking at a boat powered with twin 1996 Crusader 350 XL engines with aprox 800 fresh water hours. As I plan to use the boat for offshore trips of 50 mi or more, I would like to get some info on what I should replace, change, upgrade to achive the highest reliability possible. Risers are first on my list.......

Thanks in advance!

thumbs_up.gif
"

"I would certainly change all

"I would certainly change all fluids and filters. I would then look at all belts, hoses and ignition components. I would also remove and inspect the risers, installing new gaskets when reassembling.

In addition to this list, I would inspect the entire fuel and exhaust systems, looking for failed clamps, leaks, and aging hoses. I would check all of the mounting hardware and control fasteners. Finally, I would check the engine alignment.

These are items which should be checked on a very regular basis, but since most people do not properly maintain their boats, I would certainly give special attention to them prior to putting my family at risk.

Good luck
Rick"

"Be sure to have spare for EVE

"Be sure to have spare for EVERY critical component on the engines: belts, impellers, hoses, fuel filters, etc.

JEff"

Back