Logo

Honda 90 hp lower gear case bearing

braddah

"During my routine oil change

"During my routine oil change on the lower leg, I found two small ball bearings stuck to the magnetic drain plug screw. Does anyone know where that came from?"

"There are four small ball bea

"There are four small ball bearings in the lower unit that are part of the shift slider. Maybe 2 of those came loose, though I am not sure how they could fall out without there being major shift problem. Did you recently have your lower unit worked on?"

"Thanks. No I did not have it

"Thanks. No I did not have it worked on recently. However, during cold starts, it struggles to go into reverse. After going in forward for a few minutes, shifting is fine. What does it take to repair/replace the shift slider?"

"If you found ball bearings in

"If you found ball bearings in the lower unit, and you are having problems (even though you are portraying it as a minor problem), the safetest thing would be have the lower unit otrn apart and repaired. I can't describe how to do this repair yourself, you should buy a service manual if you want to attempt it yourself. Unless you are fairly mechanically inclined, you may want to leave this one to someone who has done it before."

Back