Logo

Float level on 20 hp Merc

J

Joe Gasper

I am rebuilding the carb on m

I am rebuilding the carb on my 1973 20hp Mercury (integral fuel pump). The mercury manual says the float level should be 1/4 inch from the bottom of the casting. My question is whether this measurement should be taken with only the weight of the float pushing it down or whether more pressure should be applied. Thanks for any help.

1965 Model 9522c evinrude 9.5

1965 Model 9522c evinrude 9.5 hp
oil is coming out of the port above the propeller. Can anyone tell me what is causing this and what is the name of this port?
there dosn't seem to be any water in the lower unit.

" U should post under your own

" U should post under your own thread, NOT on someone's else's thread. Scroll to bottom and start your own thread. "

" Joe,
The float should be se

" Joe,
The float should be set with the weight of the float ONLY. Do not place any additional weight on the float.
Good luck and have fun on the Water. "

Thanks for your help. This i

Thanks for your help. This is my first time rebuilding a carb.

" I have an old 20 also. Make

" I have an old 20 also. Make sure you also place the gasket between the block and carb in the right position. The fuel pump works on vacuum pulse from the engine, and the little hole in the mount is where this is supplied.
Good Luck "

" '82 Mercury OB Float Ful

" '82 Mercury OB Float Fulcrum Pin Removal

Am I missing something? Trying to remove the float from my carb. How does the Fulcrum Pin come out? Is it threaded, does it push out? Does it stay in place and the float pop over it?

Can you help "

Back