Logo

I need info on 1985 2hp Eska Outboard

kazualt

I found an Eska 2hp at my Fath

I found an Eska 2hp at my Fathers house that looks like it might have been run 1 time. It was packed away very well. I put the proper fluids and new plug in it and it fired right up. But it came with no info other than the stickers on it. Is there somewhere I can find a manual or any other info on this outboard.
KAZUALT
Floatin in the Burgh

"Joe, your motor was made in t

"Joe, your motor was made in the last couple of years that Eska was in business - they bit it after producing the 87 models.

The motor itself is a Tecumseh and they are alive and well, so most parts are still readily available.

I assume this is an air-cooled engine, so there is very little maintenance to do.

Some outboards will have stickers recommending a 16:1 gas/oil mix, while Tecumseh themself recommends a 24:1 - if no sticker on the engine, I would go with Tecumseh's recommendation.

These do not use standard marine 2 cycle oil - instead they recommend regular 2 cycle oil such as used in lawnmowers/chainsaws and the like.

You can most likely find a manual at www.discount-marine-parts.com they have copies of just about every discontinued line out there.

These were very popular engines, marketed under numerous names (including the sears/jc penny brands)...

Anything else just drop a note - I don't know everything about them, but have a fair bit of info laying around...."

Back