Logo

Question 4 Warren Jones or any one who can answer

haymannnh

I was out today with the famil

I was out today with the family and boat was ruuning great until the stator started smoking and the vr literally melted.
I read the post from Warren about the alternator from the auto parts store that is explosion proof that he got.I have called 6 different auto parts stores and every one is telling me I need a part make and # or go to a boat dealer.
If any one has done this and knows the make of the alternator and the part# that would be great and help alot.
I have called 3 marinas and no one around here has a used one and they want$300.00 to 360.00 for a new one.

"Don, I emailed you on this. B

"Don, I emailed you on this. But, for others: Go to an auto-electric shop where they rebuild starters, alternators, etc. They know about what they sell. Auto parts clerks would not be familiar with "explosion-proof" alternators and starters. Whole different field. Look in the yellow pages under starters, alternators, etc. That's where I got mine and he was the one who suggested going this way. Three Merc dealers only wanted to sell me another *@#%&** water-cooled Merc VR for $400. Phooey. JW in Dixie"

Hello Donald.
I may have a us

Hello Donald.
I may have a used voltage regulator for you.
I need to know if your voltage regulator accepts a 5/8" or 3/4" water hose.
Gabriel Acher - Dania Marine Corp.
Supplier of Marine Engines and Parts
954-927-2999

Back