Logo

Yamaha 8 HP Water Pump Replacement

mrtmaag

Contributing Member
"I am attempting to replace th

"I am attempting to replace the water pump on my trolling motor, it just doesn't seem to put out the water it used to. The foot unbolts and slides down a little ways then get caught on a bar that runs up through the motor which I am assuming is the shifter. Does anyone have a manual or instructions on how to completely replace the water pump? Thanks for your help."

I have 9.9hp 4stroke .I want t

I have 9.9hp 4stroke .I want to change out my impeller but cannot get foot off. I have 4 bolts off and none under trim plate am I missing something somewhere?

"I am also trying to do the sa

"I am also trying to do the same thing with my 8 HP Yamaha, all I can see when I Drop the lower unit down as far as it will go which is only an inch or so is part of the impeller housing and the shift shaft going through a plastic unit down to the lower unit. I don't see a long separation nut as the manual describes, am I just looking in the wrong spot? Is it up higher on the motor? Thanks for your help"

I found it. It is a connector

I found it. It is a connector about midway up the back of shift rod. You access it from the outside of the motor to undo it not inside the housing once it drops down like some units.

Back