Logo

Greetings New on board Tune Up Best place for parts

pktaske

"New here and to actual owners

"New here and to actual ownership. My '88 Sea Sprite has a 120 I/O (2.5L?) and I'm anxious to do a tune up as on it's maiden voyage it had a couple hard starts when the engine was warm. This only happened twice and the engine had sputtered after turning the key off both times previous to the hard starts. After the last one (which took a lot of throttle work to get it going), we headed in closer to shore and cruised a bit under low rpm's. When we got back to the dock, it stopped and statted like a champ. I've read previous posts and everything seems to be pointing towards the fuel system.

What I'd like to know is where is the best place to purchase parts from? Online or locally? I'm in Central NJ.

FYI - My Seloc manual is on the way. I'm assuming this has a step-by-step tune up guide. If not, is there an online guide?

Thanks folks...."

make sure all of your grounds

make sure all of your grounds are clean(on the battery and on the block).If they are corroaded that could cause hard starts when hot.

I'll attack it this weeken

I'll attack it this weekend. I'm keeping away from the water thru Sunday as Fourth of July week in NJ is a "special" time at the boat ramps.lol.

ths...

Back