Logo

140 hp year and what do the letters mean

eric

" Hi everyone, I've just p

" Hi everyone, I've just purchased a 140 hp evinrude motor, Model E140TRLCTE Serial No. J0285611, it has trim and tilt.

Can anyone tell me what year that motor is and what the "TRLCTE" part of the model No. is?

Also, can this engine be fitted with oil injection, as opposed to pre-mix as it is now..??

Or is it better to stay pre-mix.??

Are there any known problems with this engine??

Thanks in advance for any help. "

" Eric... E140TRLCTE. E=Evinru

" Eric... E140TRLCTE. E=Evinrude, 140=140hp, T=Tilt & trim, R=No idea, L=Long shaft (20"), CT=83 (1983), E=No idea.

Stick with mixing the fuel/oil (50/1)

Engine's a good design, but as with all mechanical items, things can and do go wrong.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC) "

" Eric,

Joe is exactly righ

" Eric,

Joe is exactly right (as usual..)

Additionally the "R" when used with "TR" means "Sport Styling".

The "E" at the end is the "Model Run" during that year/model... does'nt mean anything in terms of description of the motor.

Regards,
Andrew "

" Joe and Andrew, thanks for y

" Joe and Andrew, thanks for your help. It was very much appreciated. I must learn that code system some day. It sure has me confused.

Again, thanks guys.....Eric.... "

" Hey Guys,
I want to verify

" Hey Guys,
I want to verify a 15 HP Johnson Motor Year- J15ECEC- Serial # R 08233754. Is it 1998? Is it "counter-revolution" (what does that mean?) and is the fuel ratio (50:1) with this motor too?
Thanks, Dan H "

" I have a Johnson 14O. On th

" I have a Johnson 14O. On the lower end, there is a very small hole just in front on the intake for the water pump. What is it for?

Thanks, "

Back