Logo

1996 johnson175 faststrike

snowseth

"I can start the boat and driv

"I can start the boat and drive to where I want to fish. Then when I want to go to another spot, when I start the boat it runs for a few seconds then dies. I have to do this 8-12 times. It has to be hard on the starter. Any suggestions out there? I took it to a dealer and they charged me and it still does the same thing."

I'm still looking for some

I'm still looking for some help on my johnson 1996 175 fast strike. It is model # j175gledb. When the motor gets warm it is very hard to keep runnung after you start it. I don't want to mess the starter up. I could sure use some help or suggestions on this. Thanks again.

"I can only tell you my experi

"I can only tell you my experience with this. I ran into a heat related problem with my 150 FS that left me stranded. I would let it cool and then it would run for a few seconds and die again. First thing in the morning I could get, maybe, 10 minutes out of it. Turns out it's a power pack fialure. You will need a new pwer pack if it's the same problem I had. Total install was about $400. Frustrating problem, for sure, but the power pack replacement fixed it. Good luck."

Back