Logo

70hp mairner bogs out

"thanks you guys all helped, i

"thanks you guys all helped, is was the stator and switch box, now i got another problem, the propeller wont go and we just took it out it was runnin fine we got into some sand and tryed to get out not realizing, then pushed it out and took it out back to the docks, put some gas in it then started to go out again and we did but the i tried to go forward and couldent, so tried to go in reverse and couldent, so took it in and see the prepeller wasent spinnen in forward or reverse do you guys have any ideas of what i can do?"

You need to take it to a prop

You need to take it to a prop shop and have the hub replaced. The hub has a rubber sleeve around it and then it is pressed into the prop - sounds like it has given up on you.

i have a new propeller is that

i have a new propeller is that the hub?

"The propeller is made up of t

"The propeller is made up of two different parts. The prop itself has the blades, the hub is pressed into the prop and is the part with the teeth on it that mates with the splines on the prop shaft.

Around the hub is a rubber sleeve. It is pressed into the prop. It's purpose is to allow some give or slip if you hit something solid enough that it stops the prop dead. Without this "give" you would chew up the gears in the lower end.

Are you saying that you had your new prop on, hit some sand and now it won't go in forward or reverse?

If that's the case, it is unlikely that the prop is the issue - I assumed from your post that you had an old prop on your motor....

In any event, a hub replacement is best left to a professional, it's not something you do in your basement or garage..."

yea i had an old prop on it. i

yea i had an old prop on it. if i brought the new prop in how much am i looking at for someone to fix it?

Thanks for all your help. I c

Thanks for all your help. I checked the hub and shaft then decided to look at the linkage and shifter arm on the side of the motor and wouldn't you know when the shop did some test they did not snap the connecting rod on tight so it poped off and would not put the motor in forward or rev!

Thanks again.

Back