Logo

Mecrury 40hp wont start

J

jdixon

"hey there it ran fine first r

"hey there it ran fine first run this year then i took it out wouldnt start at all, got it running at home,but would only run wide open,now it wont start at all, changed plugs, fuel,what else should i do?carbs?"

"If you had it layed up for th

"If you had it layed up for the winter/off season there is a good chance that the carbs are gummed up on you.

I have seen them start one day and then you can try for hours the next and nothing.

It is possible however that you have another issue and before you take the carbs off, tear them down and clean (or rebuild if the jets are distorted) you should make sure the compression is good and you have strong spark at all cylinders..."

"that model is terrible for te

"that model is terrible for tearing up lower crankshaft bearings and seals, I know I have 2 of them."

"JB - question for myself here

"JB - question for myself here - if the lower seal went bad, would that mimic a clogged carb? lose a bit of compression or vaccum???"

"no pressure in crankcase, can

"no pressure in crankcase, cant pump the fuel in opposit cyl, call it vacuum or compression but it won't run. that model is 2 cyl, single carb, easy fix is $16 bearing and 2 bottom seals plus gasket set
edit, lets make it simple, giant vacuum leak"

"Thanks [img][/img]"

"Thanks
"

Back