Logo

Stalling

alfred

I have twin FWC 270's. Fi

I have twin FWC 270's. Filled up my tanks Saturday before we headed out to our weekend destination about 13 miles offshore. Boat ran great at 3000 RPM's all the way there. When we returned home last night. My port engine stalled going out of the channel at 1600 RPM's. Throttled her up to 2500 RPM's and she kicked out 3 times before I swithced the forward tank over to the aft. She kicked out after a couple of minutes then ran fine at 2900 RPM's for the duration of the trip home which was about 45 minutes. Each engine has 2 tanks. Any idea what would caust this?

Water/ crud in the tank. You

Water/ crud in the tank. You don't think marinas only sell you gas for 4 bucks a gallon!

Change your fuel filters and drain/ change water separators.

Jeff

Add some Star-Tron gas additiv

Add some Star-Tron gas additive (West Marine) and keep cleaning the separators/ changing fuel filers. It'll eventually go away.

Jeff

"Thanks for the advice Jeff.

"Thanks for the advice Jeff. I have replaced the racor filter, added startran and fuel filters. Ran her today at 3200 RPM's for 40 minutes or so. Ran into some heavy seas just and knocked her down to 2700 RPM's. after a few minutes. She konkced out. Restared right away, and throttled her up konked out with a smell of carbon. Started right back up and gave her a little gas before I put into gear and ran fine. Is this still water?

Thanks,

al"

Back