Logo

Electric fuel pump

ejbtech1

Regular Contributor
"Has anyone had success with a

"Has anyone had success with an electric fuel pump? I have an Aq120B, installed a low pressure fuel pump, and it seems to run fine, but the bowl gasket on the carb is leaking. I am going to fabricate a new gasket this week and hope that solves the problem, but I was wondering if anyone has success stories about doing away with a mechanical fuel pump and installing an electric one?
This one came from a local parts house for 30 bucks and is doing well. You are supposed to install them about 12 inches from the tank. I have mine mounted in the bilge which is about 36 inches from the tank.
Anyone?"

"For what I have read in the f

"For what I have read in the forum, some people have installed electric fuel pumps on AQ130 engines because of the high cost of the OEM pump, so I see no reason why they should not work in your engine. Just remember that the mechanical pump is supposed to deliver between 2 and 4 psi, so make sure the electric pump also operates within that pressure range."

I put one on my AQ130 C/270 la

I put one on my AQ130 C/270 lastfall from NAPA Auto Parts and it worked just fine. It was 4psi as El Pescador suggested.
Dave

"I hope you wired it to shut o

"I hope you wired it to shut off automatically when the engine does. If not, it's not only illegal but dangerous.

Jeff"

Why couldn't I wire the fu

Why couldn't I wire the fuel pump to a toggle switch on the instrument cluster? Would that make it legal? The float in the carb cuts the fuel off at the carb.

Back