Logo

350 magnun closed cooling system

gkm24

Regular Contributor
"Is there a kit available to c

"Is there a kit available to convert my engine to a closed cooling system? Who makes it and approximately, how much should it cost?"

"Check the sponsors on this pa

"Check the sponsors on this page. If they don't have it, www.eBasicmarine.com has some. A partial system, engine only, is about $600-800 while a full system including exhaust manifolds and risers is about $700-900."

"Grahame
How long has your e

"Grahame
How long has your engine been raw water cooled. Do you flush it regularly ?
The trouble with converting an engine that is a long term "salty", is the amount of corrosion that occurs in the block.
If you convert it, you realy need to make sure the block is well flushed, to get rid of any corosion that you can and run a good cleaner through it, then run rust inhibitor in the cooling system, so that you do not end up blocking up your heat exchanger with rust being carried through the system.
Seen I am in the wrong part of the world, (or the right part depending on how you look at it ) I cannot advise you where to get a conversion kit, but I am sure one of the more senior and distinguished members of this site will be able to guide you.

Cheers
Peter C"

Back