Logo

Pertronix Conversion kit for AQ130c

I might be wrong but it should

I might be wrong but it should take the same as my AQ131A which is the pertronix 2842

Bill is correct...the Pertroni

Bill is correct...the Pertronix 2842 is the one you want for the AQ130C (installed on one my AQ130C and it was well worth it). I don't think there is a Sierra equivalent.

Pertronix does not sell direct

Pertronix does not sell direct. I'd recommend you Google for "pertronix 2842" and try to find a Canadian reseller.

"Bill, you're very welcome

"Bill, you're very welcome. Let us know how it goes. You may want to search this forum for "pertronix"...there is some good info here you may find useful in your project."

"My apologies for calling you

"My apologies for calling you Bill, Doug!
blush.gif
"

"I just put this on my boat it

"I just put this on my boat it seems to work fine and it looks basically the same as pertronix. You can buy direct from their website:

http://www.hot-spark.com/

They have one that fits the AQ130 ABC&D You just have to know if you have centrifugal or vacuum advance distributor."

"Doug, I am all but 100% posit

"Doug, I am all but 100% positive it is centrifugal. Does your engine and/or carb have any vacuum lines attached anywhere? My AQ130C does not and it has a centrifugal advance distributor."

"Off topic Doug, but have you

"Off topic Doug, but have you had to replace the exhaust manifold yet and if so where did you locate it. VP is nolonger available and no aftermarket to be found yet?"

DH Lordco sells Crane Fireball

DH Lordco sells Crane Fireball XR700 points conversion p# 700-0231
Bit of a bear but works. You need to take the dis out and work on the bench. real happy with it so far. I live mid-island. Parts can be a problem. You need to check dis for proper movement of advance. If counter weights move/open up it should be good.

Back