Logo

Carbs flooding on GT150 JOHNSON 1990

dreplogle

J150STLESB GT150 1990
motor

J150STLESB GT150 1990
motor runs great can fish all day at different RPM's no problem---problem occurs on ten mile ride home when i get to ramp and i am slowing for nowake motor will stall due to flooding and i have to up throttle in neutral to get started again and boy does she smoke and fuss about bad driving or another thing wrong with her also could someone give me some advice on synching ignition and carbs manuel i have describes totally different parts and diagrams do not match -thank you

"Engine NOT RUNNING but in the

"Engine NOT RUNNING but in the normal vertical position. Remove the carburetor face plate so that you can see the carburetor throats.

Pump the fuel primer bulb up to its normal hardness while observing the carburetors.

If fuel runs out of any of them, they're flooding, If flooding. remove, clean, and rebuild them.

Are they flooding?"

"hello Mr. Reeves, No, there i

"hello Mr. Reeves, No, there is no fuel coming out of any of the throats----ball just pumped up very firm and stopped---very recent carb rebuild including needle and seat,adjusted floats(more checked than adjusted) carbs were very clean not a deposit to be found,also am suffering from high fuel consumption burning about 6 galons in 15+/-mile not so hot"

Back