Logo

After overhauling engine not able to start

" is the engine timed correcty

" is the engine timed correcty,,have you primed the fuel system. mit help knowing brand of engine and how deep was o/h.

regards marv "

" Charlie,
Check the grou

" Charlie,
Check the ground cable to engine. Sometimes the new engine paint prevents a good contact. Check to see if you have spark.
Eddie. "

" HELP!!! I have a 120 lehman

" HELP!!! I have a 120 lehman diesel inboard and newly rebuilt (less than 800 hours on it). Was running in May, left to sit for 3 months and now seems frozen (starter motor operates - new batteries). Some thought that it is water in the cylinders (salt water intake). What's the best way to approach this? "

" Charlie,
WD40 is an ar

" Charlie,
WD40 is an areosol lublicant you can find anywhere hardware items are sold. It happens to work well on hard to start diesel engines. You can hold a rag soaked with it over the air intake as you try to start the engine. That's not the original design for the stuff but it does work sometimes.
Did you bleed the fuel system properly? Did you check the water separator for water?
Eddie "

" thanks eddie you are indeed

" thanks eddie you are indeed a genius i carried out all you instructed and all i got was perfect thanks in a million, please i want you to do me a favour please send me some used textbooks on marine diesel engine maintenance and repair my address is carlton ibuchukwu muoweta C/o Mrs ngozi okechukwu P.O.Box 10603 marina lagos, Nigeria.
i would be very greatful for your help. "

Next time hire a mechanic who

Next time hire a mechanic who knows what he is doing. Only kidding. I'm glad you finally got your engine up and running.

Does anyone know the operating

Does anyone know the operating temp for a Perkins 4-107? Thank You
Bussnut

Back