Logo

Water in engine oil

R

Rod Kirk

I have a 4.3 Ltr. in a 2000 Fi

I have a 4.3 Ltr. in a 2000 Fischer. Ichanged the oil this spring and then ran with muffs. Every was fine oil was clean and running excellent. Ran 2 miles on water lost RPMs and died. Checked engine and found crankcase full of water. What now?

"On the 4.3 with water in oil,

"On the 4.3 with water in oil, Boat was drained with the 5 drain plugs when stored. It wasnt ran last year. Is there any thing else that might have gone wrong,i.e. head gasket?"

"It sure could be head gasket

"It sure could be head gasket or manifold leaking, or something similar, but to get that much water that quickly, I would guess cracked block.
The most critical plugs are the two low on the block on each side, down near the oilpan, and the two at the bottom of each exhaust manifold. When you drained them you should have gotten a good liter or two of water out of each, especially the block drains. Anything less would indicate the drain hole was partially plugged off, and the water may not have drained fully.
Rod"

You can NOT simply pull drain

You can NOT simply pull drain plugs and keep a motor from freeze damage. You HAVE to run the pink stuff through the motor.

Jeff

Guys:

What is the pink st

Guys:

What is the pink stuff's life in the engine before it loses its freeze protection? Two years sound too long?

Guy

Back