Logo

How to hookup trim system switch

baxter

"I didnt have tilt/trim so i b

"I didnt have tilt/trim so i bought a trim motor and im having trouble installing.The motor has a blue and green wire.And the switch has blue,green and red wire.The guy that sold it to me said that the red was positive blue was for up,and green for down.He told me to run red wire from the switch to pos terminal,green to green and blue to blue then ground them.Does that meen ground to neg trem or just to metal.Because i grounded to neg trem and push button it started getting real hot an melt wire,when i grounded to metal nothing happend at all.To see if motor worked i put blue on pos green on neg, motor went up then vise versa motor went down. So please help by explaining how to hookup. Thanks"

"switch wiring is red- power t

"switch wiring is red- power to switch. green- power from switch-down. blue- power from switch-up. switch does not connect directly to two wire trim motor. motor works by reversing polarity. this is accomplished with relays, or solenoids. a little too complicated to explain here. you will need a book with wiring diagram. sounds like you are missing something."

Back