Logo

Carb Question Honda 75 4 stroke older model

T

Tom Spidel

"Carb SN 01DCAB1 - The recomme

"Carb SN 01DCAB1 - The recommendation was given to me to rebuild the carb. Just exactly what parts go bad in the carb, what all should I be replacing. I am not sure of the year, and I have cleaned this thing a million times but not sure, what should be replaced."

"Gaskets, seals, needle valves

"Gaskets, seals, needle valves/springs (for the hi/low jets)- it's usually a leak or distortion of one of those items that causes a problem that cleaning can't cure..."

"I just purchased an old sailb

"I just purchased an old sailboat that had a vintage 1978 Honda 4-stroke 7.5 hp outboard motor. There were no owner's manuals provided in the sale. Any idea where I can get manuals, repair info, etc for this engine to include type and weight for crankcase oil, recommended fuel octane and required additives, periodic maintenance, etc? Right now the motor runs great but I'd like to keep it that way."

"Nothing needs to be replaced

"Nothing needs to be replaced unless you have excessive corrosion inside the carb, and/or you can't get the brass jets out. If you are remvoing the brass jets and cleaning out all the little holes in them, you are doing the right thing and probably don't need to buy anything.

I have cleaned 100's of Honda carbs and rarely do we need to replace parts."

Back