Logo

Trim relays 70hp force

N

nc randy

"I have a 70hp force outboard

"I have a 70hp force outboard it's a 97 model. I got a power trim kit from quicksilver. i was looking at putting it in and noticed that nowhere in the instructions does it say where inside the engine compartment to mount the relays. the kit includes mounting plates and screws to mount the relays but it does not say where to mount them. the wires on the relays are long enuff to reach almost all the way aroung the motor, so it could be anywhere. i know it dont realy matter but i just want to do it right.
my question is does anyone have one of these and can tell me where the relays are suppose to be mounted? a picture would be great but if not just a basic aera is fine. thanks in advance for any info."

"You can mount them anywhere a

"You can mount them anywhere as long as you have enuff room for them .And enuff wire for the power wire to reach silinoid and ground wire to be grounded out.Its also is a good idea to stand them upright.Although they are sealed,upright allows water to run down them and not in them. Hope I could help and good luck!"

Back