Logo

No foward or Neutral Just Reverse

sb182

"I have a Chrysler 440 / 330hp

"I have a Chrysler 440 / 330hp 1979 engine that will not go into neutral, and will stay in forward just a little but that is the forward it is will go. The reverse works just fine. Does anyone have any answers or what I should look for?"

I have checked the shifter cab

I have checked the shifter cables and taken them off and tried manually to put into gear. Nothing happens. I think there might be a pinhole in one of the transmition fluid lines which would allow enough pressure to go into reverse but not into forward. Would you agree or disagree. Please also give other segustions.
Thanks

The Velvet drive transmissions

The Velvet drive transmissions will "creep" a bit as they age. If it gets too bad it's time for an overhaul.

Thank you all for the advise.

Thank you all for the advise. I am having the boat hulled out to get some hull work done and also to have it painted. So I might as well have it overhauled at the same time.

Hey Scott dont know if you hav

Hey Scott dont know if you have rebuilt your trans yet.But I had mine done by Dave at 989-734-7771. He did a great job and price was fair. Ray

Yes I had it rebuilt. It was w

Yes I had it rebuilt. It was well worth the money I spent to get it fixed. the boat went from 10knots to 21knots. Things yet get when you buy a used boat that hasent been ran for years. I am still looking for push rods for the engine so I dont bend it more.

"I know what you mean Scott. I

"I know what you mean Scott. I have had this 27' Concorde going on 4 years and it has not been in the water yet.I am rebuilding the motors now.Had a heck of a time finding a good block.So 2000.00 more and they engine should be running.Hope to have it in the water next year. Ray P.S. Just priced out push rods for my 318,s 72.00 for both engines"

Back