Logo

Joe or anyone who knows 92 150 Johnson how to Replace Fittings

trooper

" I have 2 pluged fitting/scre

" I have 2 pluged fitting/screens on the port side recirculation system. I have tried to clean them, but cannot get them clear. In fact I poked a hole in one of the screens or plastic material. These fittings are apear to be brass and are shaped in a right angle. There does not seem to be enough clearance for them to screw out. Are the pressed into the block? The factory manual just is not specific about this fitting's replacement. Will it hurt ti run the engine with a hole pked in a screen?

Please help,
thanks in advance,

Trooper "

"Trooper.... I assume that you

"Trooper.... I assume that you're speaking of a 90° V/6 block and the small brass fitting that is located on the outside of the cylinders near the headgaskets, fittings that are not designed to have a whench applied to them. I haven't worked on that model and wasn't aware that they had a screen at that point. The only screen I was aware of was at the recirculating valve itself.

However, whether or not having a hole in the screen will bother anything, I don't know. I haven't attempted to remove any of those 90° angled fittings, but if they're anything like the older looper 200/225 straight fittings, they're simply a pressed in fitting.

The straight in fittings..... I grabbed onto them with vise grips, leaving a slight gap under the vise grip for a screwdriver blade, then pried them out. Worked for me.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

"Thank you Joe! This is a 60 d

"Thank you Joe! This is a 60 degree Looper engine, but I think you are right about the fittings. They appear to me to be pressed into the block behind the plastic manifold. I plan to go to the dealer to order them and maybe I can tell from the new fittings. Thanks, again.

Trooper"

Back