Logo

35 BERTRAM REPOWER WITH DIESELS

alanw

" I HAVE A 1973 35' BERTRA

" I HAVE A 1973 35' BERTRAM SPORT FISH I'M THINKING OF REPOWERING IN THE NEXT YEAR OR SO. IM LOOKING FOR SOME DATA ON THE BOAT PERFORMANCES AND SOME SPECS.ON THE ENGINES USED.
BOAT CRUISE SPEED AND RPM?
BOAT WOT SPEED AND RPM?
BOAT FUEL CONSUMPTION AT CRUISE SPEED?
ENGINE MAKE, MODEL, HP, AND GEAR RATIO?
SHAFT AND PROP SIZE?
EXHAUST SIZE?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.
ALAN W. "

" Have a friend who just repow

" Have a friend who just repowerd an 86 35 Bertram with Cummins 6B 330s (315hp). Very nice selection and fits the boat well. 1/12 shafts changed cutless but left struts the same, dripless shafts and obviously new props of which I can't remeember. Cruise at 200 off the top (2800) and does 26knts at that rpm. Likes to keep it 2450 rpm wich gives a nice 24.5 knt cruise. She seems to be 1 for 1 for 1 over 1800 rpm---rpm=gph=kph. Pain in the ass during the conversion as the boat sat on the hill too long and we missed a majot torney...best of luck "

"I have a 26’ Bertram, 6 cylin

"I have a 26’ Bertram, 6 cylinders. Equipped with stern drives. I would like to convert to diesels, with the least amount of trouble. Any ideas?"

"in answer to garymckenzie, lo

"in answer to garymckenzie, look up steyr marine diesels, they are made to replace petrols and you could use your legs if you wanted to save a few thousand, they are very nice engines with a terrific reoutation"

Back