Logo

M360 oil filterrelocation kit exhaust boot water in oil

T

TJ

I have a 79 23' chrysler c

I have a 79 23' chrysler cuddy with m360 engine RH. I was wondering what oil filter is used for this engine and if there is a filter relocation kit that will fit it. Are exhaust boots available anywhere anymore or any that will "work" or if its ok to run without it? The engine has been sitting for some time. I plan on replacing all fluids and relubing everything that I can without disassebling much. I have the engine and outdrive service manuals. Any tips or advice and if the oil can get milky from just sitting for a few years or likely from a leak. I was planning on changing the oil and running it for a bit with hose supplied water cooling and seeing if it milks up the oil again but didnt know if oil can milk from sitting and condensation buildup (I live in FL where its extremely humid in summers) could lead to milky oil. Any help would be great. Sorry for the combined questions into one post.

Any good hot rod supplier &#40

Any good hot rod supplier (Jegs or Summit) can sell you a filter relocation kit. THe filter is a standard unit--just ask for an automotive unit.

Only way you can tell the motor isn't sucking water is to run it. Change th eoil first and let it idles at temp for a while.

Jeff

I also had to change the oil t

I also had to change the oil three times to get good clean oil in m 318 after re sealing the intake.

will

Exhaust boot is impossible to

Exhaust boot is impossible to find. I went to home depot and bought two rubber plumbing couples and some heavy plastic dryer exhaust hose to make mine work.If you want I will send you pic's.It worked great for me.

Back