Logo

Evinrude Big Twin 25 hp

lawalkowski

Evinrude Big Twin 25 hp
Seria

Evinrude Big Twin 25 hp
Serial number 25012-38132

Can you tell me the year this was made and any other general info about it?

My dad bought this used in the mid 50's. I think it was last used in late 50's when I went into the Air Force. It ran good back then. The starter rope is getting frayed. It has a steel cable inside the cotton or nylon rope. The steel cable is not frayed.

I have not done anything to it but am getting tired of having it take up space in my garage. Anyone have any idea how much this may be worth?

"I can tell you that this mode

"I can tell you that this model was made during 1953 and 1954. And original restored engine would be a collectors item. They looked like this when new.
81926.jpg

However, from what I have read, the 53/54 built models would be quite expensive to maintain, rebuild and keep running (info from a site dealing with "antique outboards"). A "tune-up kit" does exist for this at a cost of $200... So as to value (????), if it's in decent shape and you can find a collector (???) in the private market as a usable outboard there is probably not a high demand - a product is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it - sorry can't give you a better answer..."

Back